Furnace Fire in Parkesburg
 
By KVFD
November 16, 2018
 

On Friday, at 1:04 PM, KVFD and assisting fire companies, was dispatched to a dwelling fire in the 600 block of W. First Avenue.The caller reported that there was black smoke coming from the chimney at a neighbor's house. Upon arrival, firefighters determined that the actual address was on Chestnut Street.

Lt. Jones from Ladder 8 initially assumed Chestnut Street Command and crews began to investigate the origin. It was determined that the cause was a furnace malfunction and firefighters went into service for ventilation.

No other service was required.

All units were clear by 1:49PM

 
Units: Ladder 8, Tac 8, Ambulance 8-2, Squad 8, and multiple 8 fire police units.
 
Mutual Aid: Engine 31-1, Lancaster Rescue 42, Engine 27-2, Chief 27,
 
Today's furnace fire in Parkesburg
Today's furnace fire in Parkesburg