The Keystone Valley Regional Fire District is seeking an individual interested in part-time or per-diem employment for the following position:
Position: Fire District Administrator
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Fire District Commission Board
The Fire District Administrator (FDA) shall serve as the Liaison for the District. The fundamental reason this position exists is to assure operational direction, management and delivery of high-quality emergency services to the municipalities of the Fire District. The FDA provides the District’s strategic direction, leads the operational and administrative function, and is the day to day liaison between the Fire District and the Emergency Service providers. These duties and responsibilities are carried out under the governance of the Fire District Commission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Confer with and make recommendations to the District and Keystone Valley Fire Department (KVFD) regarding operations, projects and programs that affect the health, safety and welfare of the community
• Confer with and make recommendations to the District and KVFD regarding services such as ambulance and fire service, emergency management coordination, NIMS training
• Make presentations on funding needs issues to various groups, including Municipal Officials, commissions, boards, committees, task forces at on and off-site public meetings
• Participate in community events as requested/directed
• Confer with and make recommendations to the District and KVFD regarding policies and procedures as requested/directed
• File a monthly report with the District outlining activities, needs, and expenditures
• Confer with and make recommendations to the District and KVFD on annual administrative and operating budget
**This job summary includes, but is not limited to, the positions essential functions. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position.
Core Competencies (minimum qualifications needed to perform essential functions)
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively orally and in writing with officials, colleagues, vendors, staff from other receiving facilities and other entities, patients and their families, and the general public, and to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Ability to exercise effective communication with both volunteer and paid technical and professional personnel in firefighting, fire prevention, fire, and ambulatory services.
• Ability to discern, evaluate, and recommend appropriate action for technical and administrative personnel and public policy issues.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District municipal officials, and representatives as well as with external organizations and customers
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from municipal officials, colleagues, clients, vendors, and the general public.
• Ability to lead, motivates, and works closely with people of all skills and backgrounds.
• Ability to read and interpret financial and statistical information as well as municipal ordinances and policies.
• Thorough knowledge of safety standards and procedures in a fire, rescue, and ambulatory service environment, including but not limited to fire hazards, patient care, fire safety, and fire prevention techniques.
• Knowledge of the use and ensures the accuracy of fire and medical treatment records and their application to fire prevention, fire protection, and/or delivery of emergency medical services.
• Ability to observe, monitor, and compare data to determine compliance with prescribed operating standards, rules and regulations of the District, member municipalities, and federal and state laws and ordinances.
• Knowledge of and the ability to apply when indicated, local, state, and federal emergency services protocols (including training and certification requirements).
• Ability to operate emergency services vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to respond to calls for service at varying times and perform required/needed duties, including at emergency scenes.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language, including but not limited to manuals, road maps, street signs, conversation, correspondence, and addresses.
• Computer literacy.
• Ability to keep confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA laws.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree from an accredited college in Fire Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, or another related field, Bachelor’s preferred.
• At least ten (10) years’ active, documented experience in a pre-hospital emergency medical services and fire department organization, including five (5) years in a management or supervisory capacity.
• In lieu of a college degree, consideration will be given to those that have a combination of at least twenty (20) years of active, documented experience in a pre-hospital emergency medical services and fire department organization, with at least ten (10) years in a management or supervisory capacity.
Licensing / Certification
• A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and proof of insurability.
• Emergency Vehicle Operating Certification (EVOC).
• Valid Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic certification in accordance with Commonwealth of Pennsylvania emergency medical services guidelines Certified as a Fire Officer II, (ProBoard or IFSAC), PA Department of Health or State Fire Academy approved Vehicle Rescue certification, PA State Pumps II, ICC Fire Inspector I and NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800, 300 and 400 compliance. A combination of additional experience, training, and education will be considered in lieu of specific certifications listed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.
The job is based is based on 36 hours a month to be logged and pay is based on experience at the discretion of the district officials.
Please remit your Resumes to email@example.com or PO Box 180 Pomeroy, PA 19365 C/O District Representatives by August 31, 2020.