|Gas Line Struck In Front Of Animated Brewing Company|
|November 8, 2023|
On November 8th, 2023, At 11:14 am the Keystone Valley Fire Department was dispatched to the 300 block of First Avenue in Parkesburg Borough for a gas leak outside.
Utility 8 and Ambulance 8-1 made the response and were advised by the Chester County 911 Center that a contractor was performing work in the area accidentally struck a natural gas line. The Cochranville Fire Company was alerted for an engine as well to assist on this incident. The Keystone Valley Fire Department units arrived and confirmed with the police department that Peco was notified which Officer Manning of the Parkesburg Police Department confirmed that they were indeed notified with the standard 1 hour arrival time. Engine 27-2 arrived and assisted Keystone personnel with monitoring buildings in the area for gas. All buildings in the area had no readings of gas in them and Peco arrived within the hour to quickly mitigate the situation.
The situation was placed under control around 12 pm and the scene was turned over to Peco and the contractors. All units were made available at 12:15 by Utility 8.
|Units:||Keystone Valley Fire Department|
|Mutual Aid:||Cochranville Fire Company, Parkesburg Police Department, Peco|