Carbon Monoxide Incident In West Sadsbury Township
February 2, 2024

On February 2nd, 2024, as Keystone Valley Fire Department personnel were preparing to clear a fire alarm on Lower Valley Road in West Sadsbury Township the Chester County 911 Center alerted Chief 8 (Gathercole) of a 2nd call for the department which was a Carbon Monoxide Alarm also in West Sadsbury Township.

At 01:29 the Keystone Valley Fire Department was dispatched to Limeville Road in West Sadsbury Township for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Ladder 8, Engine 8 and Ambulance 8-1 made the response and were advised by the Chester County 911 Center that the caller reported their CO meter had been going off for 15 minutes. The caller also advised that the residents was evacuated and that no one felt sick.

Keystone Valley units arrived to confirm the report and investigate the situation with gas meters. Engine 8 led by Assistant Chief (Marks) established command for the incident. Interior crews reported high readings of Carbon Monoxide in the kitchen the source of the leak was secured by personnel and the house was ventilated.

The situation was placed under control and the property was turned back over to the homeowner, and they were advised to contact the utility company for service.

All Keystone Valley units cleared the scene at 02:15.

This incident marks the 3rd fire call of the night for Keystone Valley Fire Department. All 3 incidents were handled with a total of 28 personnel responding.

Units: Ladder 8, Engine 8, Ambulance 8